Bypass Graft Angiography Basics
Click below to access your content. Once you have successfully completed this course your certificate will become available at the top of this page and on your My Certificates page.
Credit/contact hours: .5
Estimated time to complete: 30 Minutes
Publication Date: July 12, 2021
Expiration date: July 11, 2024
Coronary angiography is the definitive “gold standard” clinical technique for evaluating coronary anatomy and bypass grafts in many patients. The laboratory and catheters provide a platform for coronary intervention and revascularization. In this lesson, we will apply our knowledge of coronary anatomy and coronary angiography to patients who have previously undergone coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG).
You Will Learn
- To describe the needed preparation prior to performing coronary artery bypass graft angiography
- To illustrate the common locations for proximal and distal bypass graft anastomoses for both arterial and venous grafts.
- To discuss the nomenclature that describes sequential- and Y-configured bypass grafts
- To apply knowledge of coronary catheters to various bypass graft anatomic situations
- To itemize common deficiencies in angiographic images obtained during bypass graft angiography